Sunday, October 11, 2009

Hawaiian Pizza!

Well this past week, we tried something I've never done before. I made my own pizza. Crust and all. And you know what? it was GOOD! Now I will admit I think I can make it even better but for a first try, not bad :) One of the best things about this crust is that it doesn't contain yeast or kneading (which is nice!) I also got the concept of Hawaiian pizza from a cooking show I watch, "Quick Fix Meals with Robin Miller", but I added more to mine than hers.



Crust:

(First of all, let me credit my mother in law here. This is her recipe. She is a SUPER healthy cook and you'll probably see alot of my recipe inspirations come from recipes that are hers.)

2 1/4 cups white flour

1 cup whole wheat flour

2 teas baking powder

1 teas salt and sugar

1 1/4 cup milk (her recipe calls for buttermilk, but I used skim milk)

1/4 cup safflower oil (I used canola.)

Mix above ingredients and put in deep dish pizza pan. (Or you can put on a baking sheet which is what I did because I didn't have a deep dish pizza pan.)

Cook for 5 min. at 425.



Sauce:

1 can tomato sauce

2 teas soy sauce

2 teas honey

Mix and spread on pizza crust.

Add 1/4 cup mozzeralla cheese and 1/4 cup monetary jack cheese.

Add toppings.

(For toppings I used canned pinneapple, chicken and ham.)

Add additional 1/4 cup mozzeralla cheese and 1/4 cup monetary jack cheese.



Cook in oven at 425 for additional 15-20 min.

Pardon the picture... we were so excited to dig in that I forgot to take a picture until we were eating!!!

1 comment:

  1. I love this site you created. So...looks like i need to purchase some whole wheat flower and wheat germ to have on hand :)
    I promise I am going to start trying some of these. I am so sick of my recipes and I feel like an "old school" meat and potatoes type cook.

    ReplyDelete